Tuition of $1,600 includes all Institute activities 1 daily workshop , 3 craft sessions of your choosing, 2 Q&As, 6 readings, 2 open mics), daily lunch, and welcome and farewell dinners.
Tuition does not include housing. The list below details types of accommodations that offer special rates for participants. Here is a link to the campus map.
- Hotel UMass (located in C3 of campus map), $149.00 per night (plus applicable fees)
- UMass Residence Halls: North Apartments (located in C2 & C1 of campus map), $49.00 per night
- UMass Residence Halls: Commonwealth Honors College Residential Community (located in B4 of campus map), $25.00 per night
- University Lodge, $75/weeknight; $142/weekend night (1 mile from the hub of Institute activities)
- Courtyard by Marriott, $152/weeknight; $205/weekend night (2.5 miles from the hub of Institute activities)
- Howard Johnson, $75/weeknight; $142/weekend night (2.6 miles from the hub of Institute activities)
- Econo Lodge, $84/weeknight; $152/weekend night (3.2 miles from the hub of Institute activities)
- Holiday Inn Express, $134/weeknight; $184 weekend night (3.5 miles from the hub of Institute activities)
Tuition includes dinner on the first and last evenings of the Institute, and lunch Monday through Friday. Shared meals are taken in the UMass Amherst Campus Center and in the award-winning dining commons. If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies please indicate so when you enroll. Breakfast and four dinners will be at your discretion and some pay-as-you-go options are detailed below.
- On-Campus Dining: Blue Wall, dining commons, Harvest Marketplace.
- Local Dining: Information about a range of nearby restaurants and cafes is provided for you upon arrival.